- This event has passed.
Communication Skills for Healthy Sex and Relationships
Thursday, March 28, 2019,6:00 pm - 8:30 pm EDT
Join sex and relationship therapist Yana Tallon-Hicks for a workshop on communication skills.
“In my work as a therapist and sex columnist, one of the most common complaints partners bring to the table is: “Communication issues.” Whether people come in looking to create a healthier dynamic in their relationships, jumpstart their flailing sex life, or are just hoping for a tune-up, most issues boil down to communication.
This workshop helps participants get proactive about common communication pitfalls that inevitably influence individuals in their romantic and sexual relationships, by exploring:
- What is my “attachment style” and how does it influence how I act and react as a partner?
- What is “autonomous change” and how can it make me happier and healthier in relationships?
- What ineffective behaviors do I keep attempting in order to get my needs met, and how can I replace them with more effective strategies?
- How can I communicate my desires and needs more directly to my partners without being a bully?
- How do these concepts create more passion and connection in my sexual partnerships?
This interactive, practical skills workshop brings in tangible exercises for participants to engage in both in the workshop and in the privacy of their own homes. Established partners are welcome to participate as a couple or individual participants can easily engage with all the activities in platonic pairs.”